I feel like I should backtrack a little with what happened with the boys this past month that i haven't been blogging the way I wanted to.
Nathaniel went from having two teeth to eight teeth so quickly. Because of that he can eat so much food. We call him the bottomless pit. There is very little that you could put in front of him that he won't eat. He also got taken off the bottle cold turkey last week. He loved the bottle but I was running out of liners and thought this was as a good a time as any to try it. Of course he would rather have the bottle but he is officially ONE Years old now and so being a big boy comes with big boys privileges. He is our child who has NO FEAR! I will repeat that, NO FEAR!
He will climb on absolutely anything including us. We call him monkey because he does climb everything, so he even got a Curious George monkey for Christmas. He is such a daredevil and so luckily his older brother keeps an eye out for him. I get the boys dressed on our bed a lot because it's easier, and Steven was watching a cartoon, and Nathaniel was the one getting dressed. Well, I of course had to move away from the bed for a minute, thought Nathaniel would sit still, but he was on the move (like usual). So, I hear Steven yell at Nathaniel, "Thaniel, No!" This stopped Nathaniel in his tracks and gave Mommy enough time to address the situation herself. Steven also tries to get Nathaniel out of the cupboards that he shouldn't be in. It is incredible to see how mature little Steven is getting. He is learning so much so fast.
But, let me finish with Nathaniel first. Nathaniel loves to blow raspberries, and can also give kisses now. He sometimes likes to have his teeth brushed, and is starting to go down stairs backwards, since he has thoroughly has mastered going up them.
So, onto Steven III. My little baby is turning into a little boy. He started to unlock doors and open them so now all our door handles have the safety knobs. He can climb up on the piano bench and loves to play the piano and sing at the same time. He has realized how good junk food is so we have been trying to teach him to eat what is on his plate and then he can have treats. This is super hard to do. He also can raise his eyebrows up and down comically. Grandma Reed
says she has never seen a child do something like that before. Of course he still loves going outside and is getting so fast on the little scooters. He can even climb up and go down the slide by himself. He still needs Mommy of Daddy to catch him though. He hasn't quite mastered landing yet. He has just been switched to a booster chair for eating, and may soon be losing his pacifier. I think that that may be a hard few days. He has gone down to one nap a day but I feel like he needs more. He is so independent and can do things for himself. He puts on his own sandals to go outside and can undress himself when it is bath time. He is also so loving and kind to other children. He will get toys for Nathaniel when he is upset and give hugs to others. He easily shows affection for people and loves to give hugs and kisses.
So this short recap has brought us to Christmas. The boys this year were able to eat breakfast first and then open presents. They had some toys set out that they enjoyed playing with. Lil Steven was more than happy to open presents (only after a couple), and Nathaniel just wanted to play with the toys. He really didn't have any interest in ripping wrapping paper off them. They both gave out though and had to have naps, and then proceeded to open presents later. I know little Steven didn't understand yet the traditions so I am looking forward to next year.
We have a wonderful family and have been blessed so much this last year and I am grateful for the things I do and do not know of in my life that have happened to me and my family.









No comments:
Post a Comment